The Good Shop is now accepting donations in order to re-stock safely as well as meet the needs of their solidarity partners and NGO beneficiaries. They also want to make sure with all the house tidying that has happened, no unnecessary waste or useful items are going to the landfill. The Good Shop cannot offer pick up service at this time.
Guidelines for donating during confinement:
- Do not donate if you or someone in your household is currently ill.
- Ensure all items have been recently cleaned.
- Ensure all items are in good condition – no broken or damaged items.
- Drop items off on your designated shopping day by surname.
- You must be wearing a mask to drop your items at the shop.
- Please call as you arrive and we will unload your car or pick items up curbside.
- Maintain a distance of at least one meter from The Good Shop team members at all time.
- We will not accept any e-waste or broken/non working electric items at this time.
- All electronics or appliances must be inspected and approved for donation.
What you can give (Non-perishable food items*):
- Unopened toiletries and personal care items (Please make sure these items are unused for sanitary reasons)*
- Clothing of all types and sizes
- Urgent needs for cold weather clothing, baby items, and children’s clothing
- We can take special occasion clothing and sarees
- Kitchen items, cookware, cutlery, gadgets and crockery
- Textiles, blankets, bedsheets, towels, and decorative items
- Household items, vases, art, decorative items, and other useful things
- Books of all kinds (no magazines or textbooks please)
- Small furniture (less than 1 metre in any direction)
- Accessories, jewelry, handbags, scarves
- Shoes of all types
- Newer working electronics and appliances
- Sports equipment
- Tapis, rugs, and carpets – must be clean and in good condition
- Lamps and lighting – must be in good working condition
*Exceptionally during confinement to meet NGOs needs
Both shops (Calebasses & Curepipe) will be open. For more information, please visit their Facebook page or call on 58512625 for any inquiries.